What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
Explore the roles and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in early years setting
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in early years setting
- Understand the strategies and techniques for supporting children and their families
- Increase knowledge of SEN codes of practice
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- progress to further and higher education
- develop new practical skills in health and social care
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for learners who envisage or currently have careers in such areas as healthcare, social work, nursing, counseling, early years, and teaching.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years old.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings, learners must achieve a pass in the 2 mandatory units.
How is it assessed?
A non-mandatory internal assessment task will be provided to be completed at the end of the qualification.
How long will it take to complete this qualification?
This qualification will take less than three weeks. This qualification can be studied online or in the classroom.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress to higher learning in Special Education Needs and other relevant sectors.
This qualification is suitable for those interested in pursuing careers in the following areas:
- Health and social care
- Childhood studies
- Community, youth and families
- Social work
- Early years
- Primary teaching