What does this qualification cover?
This qualification allows learners to understand the role of a mentor and be aware of the skills needed to become an effective mentor.
The aims of the qualification are to help learners to:
- gain insight into the role and practice of mentorship
- be clear about mentor/mentee relationships
- ensure they follow good practice
- be aware of the specific skills and understanding they will require in order to mentor
- review their own learning and work performance
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for those working or looking to work in a range of roles where the provision of mentoring is a requirement.
Learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
This qualification can be completed in 2 weeks
How is it assessed?
To achieve Level 1Award in Mentoring learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?