This qualification aims to:
This qualification is ideal for learners who want to develop an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment, and gives them an understanding of business culture and responsibilities.
This qualification also allows learners to develop the skills required to solve problems, communicate and work effectively with others, and gives them the opportunity to learn how to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment.
This qualification aims to provide you with:
- an understanding of the essential skills required in a business environment
- an understanding of the retail industry
- the skills required for visual merchandising in a retail environment
- an understanding of buyer behaviour in sales situations
- an understanding of the receipt and storage of goods in retail
- knowledge of promotion and branding in a retail business
- the skills required to solve problems in a business environment
- an understanding of business culture and responsibilities
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve your performance in a business environment
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations, and assignments.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-based question
How long does it take to complete?
This qualification can usually be completed in 12 months.
This qualification carries UCAS points as follows:
- Distinction*: 84
- Distinction: 72
- Merit: 48
- Pass: 24
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Business Administration
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Customer Service
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Management
- Foundation degree in a business-related discipline
- Level 4 Retail Management