What does the qualification cover?
This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care, and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. It includes the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
There is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss, or mental health.
- is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
- provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Award, Certificate, Diploma structure.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Certificate requires 25 credits. The course can be studied online and/or in the classroom
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, as this is a knowledge-only qualification.
How long does it take to complete?
You can usually complete it in three months
What related qualifications can you progress to?
- The Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings
- The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- The Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- The Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.
Which type of job roles can learners apply for on completion?
This qualification does not qualify you to work but does provide a starting point for deciding whether a career in the sector is right for you.
This qualification is funded if you are receiving Universal Credit or you are on a low income of £21,000 per annum. Also, you must be living in the UK for at least 3 years.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.