Who is it suitable for?
The qualification aims to offer an introduction to the basic principles of health and safety, including hazards and risks within the workplace.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of the basic principles of health and safety, including hazards and risks within the workplace.
What are the entry requirements?
Minimum age requirement of 16.
How is this qualification structured?
This is a single unit knowledge-based qualification where all content is mandatory.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- understand the importance of health and safety procedures
- raise awareness of the potential hazards and risks in the workplace
- understand implications of poor health and safety
- know key rights and responsibilities relating to health and safety.
How is it assessed?
A portfolio of evidence
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
Experience in the real work environment is not required.