This qualification aims to:
It is designed for those who work within the hospitality sector. It provides learners with an opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to work in a wide range of job roles.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to develop the underpinning skills, knowledge and understanding required to work in the hospitality industry in roles such as receptionists, back-office team and reservation team in a variety of different environments.
This qualification aims to provide you:
- focus on the study of the hospitality and catering principles, within retail and commercial enterprise
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of technical skills.
- help learners develop knowledge in areas such as maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- deal effectively with the arrival and departure of customers whilst maintaining good customer service.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations, and assignments.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-based question
How long does it take to complete?
This qualification can usually be completed in 2 months.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food and Beverage Service)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Hospitality Services)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Front of House Reception
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking