What does the qualification cover?
This qualification is designed to provide learners who are employed in, or seeking to be employed in, catering roles with the opportunity to develop the generic knowledge, skills and understanding essential for working in a catering environment.
This qualification will:
• focus on the study of hospitality and catering principles (food production and cooking) within the retail and commercial enterprise sector
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of technical skills. Qualification objectives
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to develop knowledge in areas such as:
• maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• working effectively as part of a hospitality team
• maintaining food safety in a catering environment
• producing and finishing basic food dishes.
The purpose of this qualification is to help learners develop the knowledge and understanding needed to work in the hospitality industry in a catering environment. Areas such as maintaining a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment; working effectively as part of a hospitality team; maintaining food safety in a catering environment; and producing and finishing basic food dishes will be covered.
This is a vocational, knowledge-based qualification with 98 Guided Learning Hours. Duration: 1 month
During this time learners should be involved in formal learning activities which could include classes, tutorials and supervised practical work in the kitchen. Learners will also spend time researching and preparing for class-based activities.