What does this qualification cover?
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
- how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
- the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
- how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
- the range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
- how to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
- how to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
Who is it suitable for?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-only qualification.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
• NCFE CACHE Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
• NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism, which could support progression onto appropriate qualifications, and into relevant employment, in the health and social care sector.