This qualification aims to:
- provide an introduction to the retail industry to those new to, or seeking employment in this area
- help learners develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector
- prepare learners for progression into a range of higher-level qualifications within the retail sector, including more practical qualifications where their knowledge can be put into practice
- prepare learners for work in the retail industry.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations, and assignments.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-based question
How long does it take to complete?
This qualification can usually be completed in six months.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Retail Knowledge
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- NCFE Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Retail Skills
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Employability qualifications
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Customer Service qualifications.